- Buy - Just 109%
- Buy - Near 109%
- Sell - Near 67%
- Buy - Near 103%
- Old Man
- Buy - Near top of 108%
- Sell - Near 67+%
- Buy - Near 109+%
- Sell - Near 68%
- Buy - Near 108%
- Sell - Near 67%
- Buy - Near 109%
I started logging on day 12, so brief summary:
Day 1-6: Normal buying and selling. Ended up being forced to buy 3 thankful statues, still somehow ended up around 12k pix by the end of day 6.
Day 7: Did a full Jade Way run with Louie. Got roughly 45-50k pix worth of drops. Insanely good run. Also sold a bunch of shit in the shop on the 3rd and 4th periods, ended around 20k pix.
Day 8: Bought some stuff, Charme gave me her card by the end of the day. Finished week 1 at about 17k pix due to purchases; ~7k pix going into week 2.
Day 9: Made about 20k pix in sales.
Day 10: First shop upgrade. Daggers went on price drop. Fucked up an order with Charme to sell her a tier 4 dagger. Total fail. About 40k pix at the end of the day.
Day 11: Swords went on price drop too. Sweets boon, though I thought it was food and fucked up. Bought and sold, ended up negative but got a lot of blue stuff to resell when it goes off price drop.
-2nd Jade Way run, this time with Charme. Got all of Cailou's recruitment items. Got a magnet necklace, shrimp doria, and two nut mixes. The nut mixes are getting saved for fusion, but total profit around 15-20k from the run, ie. probably a waste. Charme's level 17 though and gonna get Cailou soon.
-Opened up the shop for evening period, Cailou came in and took his stuff. Made a little money, not much.
-ended 22k pix
-Shields price hiked. Swords normalized. Spent almost all of my money on sweets in first period.
-Triggered sweets boon. Filled order for armor, didn't have much (oops), filled order for treasures, made 22k pix in one transaction, more than all the sweets sales put together. LOL. 109% nearpins, can't find just pin mark for women.
-Charme bought the hat she wore in her jade way run. LOL.
-Ended 41k pix, ML 16.
- Just sold all day.
- Sold Louie a tier 4 sword. Sold a very old vase to an old man.
- Cailou gave me his card at the end of the day. He also bought a robe upgrade right afterwards, tier 2.
- Ended 96k pix, ML 17.
- Daggers up, heavy armor up. I mostly sold out yesterday (have a bunch of treasures) so this is what you call totally fucked. Payment due but I have over 3 times what I need. Bought down to 40k in the morning, getting tons of cheap stuff just to be able to cover random orders.
- News changed like crazy, precious metal boon for women, jesus. Might hit it tomorrow.
- Amber Garden run with Charme. Found Nagi for 2nd time. Cat statue, sand charm dropped on 3f. Lucky #3! I'm noticing that for dungeons to be profitable right now, I need to be making 20-30k in loot drops per run. Even then, that's not actual profit until the loot actually sells. I estimate it'll only be worse as time goes on.
- First boss kind of annoying, due to crappy kage bunshin placement. I should have brought Cailou, lol.
- Second boss easy as hell, crit him for 30% of his life. Tier 4 dagger ftw.
- Goldfish bowl and +2 purity ring dropped on 13f. That's like 23k profits right there.
- Third boss easy, spammed flame charge, bombs blew up their allies. Barely took damage.
- 19f: throwing 5k+ pix items on the ground to make space for better treasure. Currently 8 of my inventory is treasure; worth an average of 9k or so each. That's... like next week's rent. All of it. This does not include honeys or shrimp doria, which at this point fill restoration item slots in my inventory, not treasure. I intend to use every damn healing item on Tielle -- yes, that means throwing 2300pix honeys and 4300pix shrimp down the hatch.
- Fourth boss... Charme cheats versus this boss. Kage bunshins are way too strong. GLAD I BROUGHT YOU ALONG, LADY
- Fifth boss: took way too much damage by playing aggressively. Should have just hunted the little slimes. Boss damage is starting to ramp up though, kind of scary. I'm really feeling dungeon fatigue at this point; it's taken almost a full day of playing recettear and I'm still not done with amber garden.
- Tielle: Really not as bad as I thought. I used healing items quite a bit, but out of my 25 item inventory, I had about 15 so I could do it. Two heal items (orange and shrimp doria) dropped during the fight; I used the orange. I ended up with a lot of surplus; 24 items total at the end after I hammered consumables.
- Ended 39k pix after paying rent. ML 18. Charme is level 34.
- Sweets still dumped. Precious metals boom still going. I don't have enough stuff to take advantage of it though so gotta go to the market for first period.
- After buying what little I could with 39k pix, I headed back for a nice long day of selling tons of shit.
- Ended 203k pix. ML 19. Basically waiting on Tielle to join my team at this point.
- Accessories and heavy armor shot up, sweets normalized finally. Since my goal is to get Tielle I'm going all out, putting sweets up everywhere. Worked out okay, sold first three periods.
- Hit ML 20 so I decided not to sell last period to expand my store and buy some inventory. I bought a bunch of reserve stock, for just in case type stuff.
- Ended 85k pix, ML 20.
- More sweets everywhere. Still have a bunch from my dungeon run. Swords dropped in price.
- Tielle gave me her card! Yay.
- Precious metals dumped. Not so good. Longswords are still price dumped. If ever there was a time to do shopping in period 2, this would be it. Also considering doing a dungeon run with Tielle; I need 3 to unlock her true card, which is the entire goal of this run besides just winning -- however I think I could get the 700k pix to pay off week 4 and 5 all in one week at my current progress. I'm really far ahead of the debt curve; I have probably 300k in inventory right now.
-Sold a lot, went right back in to the guild hall in period 4 and splurged on anything that was price bombed. Got first Griff cutscene.
- Ended 90k pix, ML 21.
- Swords went back to normal, but food price bombed. Precious metals are still bombed, as are accessories. Hell. Bought in the market just to have some non-trash inventory... ho crap Supervends are for sale. I need to get one @.@
-Sold a little bit, then went to Jade Way with Tielle. Made terrible profits. Today I got a lot of inventory, but I really need to offload.
- Ended 69k pix, ML 22.
- Food and accessories are still down, but precious metals are back up. Egg toast boom, lol.
- First period made good sales, unusual for a morning period, then precious metals jump! Also accessories normalized. Money making time! SELL ALL DAY
-Food normalized. Finally~ Also longsword price jump; already sold crystal sword at price hike tho so no real longswords in inventory. Cailou bought a platinum halberd at hiked prices, didn't know he had 80k pix to blow
-Metal items jumped! omg. It's bad for me since I want Supervends though, and they're metal. I'll persevere somehow, I think. Events going on at night, pretty sure one of them is the second Griff appearance but I need to buy in the morning if I end up buying at all. Hmm. I need Supervends.
- Ended 445k pix, ML 23.
- Heavy armor down, precious metals normal. Market event... pretty sure it's Euria.
- Market event wasn't Euria, thankfully, Made some Fusions with Jade Way loot, bought some stuff.
-Sold middle two periods, bought in period 4, triggered Griff event.
- Ended 92k pix, ML 24. Yes, I bought a loooooot of stuff.
- Precious metals jumped AGAIN.
- Something holy boom on period 2. OH SNAP ALL THE MONEYS
- Bought a bunch of stuff in period 2, because I have money so I can
- Ended 95k pix after rent, ML 25.
- Longsword price jump, precious metals back to normal. Sweets down. Still holy item boom, can't do anything about it tho cause I ran out of stock and it was price hiked yesterday.
- Sold a bunch of stuff in p1, p2. Wanna do an Amber Garden run with Tielle (starting on f16) but I have no bow in inventory to use, so gonna sell more T.T
- Weapon prices dropped in p4. SHOPPING. Bought expansion.
- Ended 229k pix, ML 26.
- Sweets down. Longswords normal, heavy armor up. YAY I mean uh, hmm.
- Accidentally hit the sell button in p1 with no items posted. Sold in p2 as well.
- ADVENTURE TIME WITH TIELLE
- Fin Fans are worth 3800pix in profit, herb seed 4780 pix, water crystals 8200pix, charred lizard 12500 pix, special inkwell 13000 pix. Focusing on treasure this time, so profits are what's important. TBH though, the under 10k stuff is starting to be not really worth it. Might be running kind of high risk with no dedicated healing item slots.
- Accidentally started on 11f, rather than 16f. Oops. Tielle is OP, got an Ace's Bow and a Rainbow Chestplate for her, so she cuts through enemies easily. Also 30 items instead of 25 thanks to ML, yayifications!
- Left on floor 25, slime liver didn't drop.
- Ended 330k pix, ML 26. Tielle is level 31.
- Precious metals up.
- First things first, getting supervends from the market. I want two! Market event though... fortunately it's Tielle and not Euria. Fused a bunch of stuff, got my Supervends and a bunch of inventory. Selling's gonna be exciting today.
- Heavy armor went normal, but a "warm" item boon hit (I think).
- Just sold p2-p4. Supervends are nice for selling those downpriced sweets.
- Ended 540k pix, ML 27.
- Shields up, sweets normal.
- Tons of normal or up-priced inventory now so it's sell all day.
- Pretty much beaten the game at this point. Over 1 mil between inventory and on-hand cash.
- Ended 888k pix, ML 28. Literally could pay off the entire debt right now.
- Food down.
- The plan is p1 buy, p2 warm item boom, p3-4 run Amber Garden with Tielle, 16-25 again. Sweets went up in p3, gotta change my supervends tomorrow.
- Could run Obsidian Tower, like maybe 1-10? Unfortunately I really need slime liver to get Cailou first on newgame +.
- Despite being Tielle AND being lower level, she has more HP than Charme due to Ferromin abuse.
- Got Tough Shell (+4!) from volcanicrab and a slime liver. Yay!
- Ended 331k pix, ML 28. Tielle is level 36.
- Chestnut boom (worthless). Shields normal.
- Putting sweets in the front to get Tielle in the shop. Want her to buy gear, but not sure how likely that is.
- Food normalized. Elan became a regular customer so I need to put really low grade stuff up that he will buy. Cailou upgraded his robe again.
- Charme asked for a weapon, hooked her up with the best thing money can buy.
- Elan gave me his card.
- Ended 629k pix, ML 29.
- Rent's due today! OH I DUNNO IF IM READY. Heavy armor down, cherry down (wut?), sweets normal. Could buy some heavy armor items.
- Tielle bought mermaid shoes. Sold Elan a silver gauntlet for 1k, literally throwing money down the drain. Could have given him a better weapon, but I'm a jerk.
- Shields down. Chestnut boom ended. Tielle bought a strongarm band, yay. Cailou upgraded his robe AGAIN, though to the best possible one.
- Precious metal boom, weapons normal. Hitting that shit.
- Ended 789k pix, ML 30. 589k after rent.
- Armor normal, sweets up. Precious metal boom still going. Probably gonna only open the shop for one period and try to do Obsidian Tower as far as I can. Ended up spending too much in p1, but precious metal boom should hit it pretty hard.
- Metal up. Shields normal. I bought a pearl and jade shield, too, so this will be some good profit.
- Obsidian tower go! I geared out Tielle with some nice stuff. First thing I notice is my damage is pretty crummy. I'm wielding a high tier bow (t5 I think), so this is about where the game expects me to be. However, I'm also wearing best armor and not taking damage, so iuno. Focusing almost exclusively on restoratives rather than valuables; I'll keep something rare if it's rare, tho.
- First boss was no match for CUTERAGE!! Dropped flytrap bulb, not super useful tho.
- Speaking of rare, Flameguard dropped on 6f. 4th Nagi appearance so she should appear in my shop soon.
- Dumping stuff already that would have made probably 80k runs. OT is profitable, for sure. Electrojelly dropped a masterful sushi. He died in two CUTERAGE!!s without hitting me.
- I used CUTERAGE!! for invincibility in dual eyebat king fight. It was not really a fight tbh, Tielle shredded through them. Ended on 15f due to dungeon fatigue.
- Ended 660k pix, ML 30.
- Precious metal boom ended. Armor down.
- Cailou asked for a staff, didn't have a top tier one. Oh well. Gave him an okay one, so he'll be decent in newgame +. Nagi also arrived in my shop.
- OT run again, starting on 16f. Using weaker gear this time as well; I sold her old chestplate so I'm stuck using a battle sweater. I might stop on 25f, but I'm gonna try and get to 35-40. We'll see.
- OK so going in under 100 def is a pretty big mistake. Stuff is hurting me, lol.
- Got a burning charm and a steel breastplate, so I'm still lower def but mdef is better. Still pretty weak.
- Overall tons of good drops. Beat level 25 gauntlet, got beat up a lot, but CUTERAGE!! is too strong. Should have used Starshot Arrow after the hornets were dead. Anyway, decided to go to 30f. Really need to bring a rainbow bp next time -- or some other craftable thing. Trying to cobble together the wind crystals to make a Tellbow. I need at least +15 tho between wind crystals and apples.
- The best chest armor I can make for Tielle is a +15 barrier plate, but I would need a belenite bp drop (which would also be better than a rainbow bp).
- Sandwich plate dropped right before Griff fight.
- Griff was pretty dangerous, did a lot of damage. The key really is just to play safe and sling arrows at long range, and hope he doesn't use invulnerable frames through your stuff. He has a lot of invulnerable moves. Also use Starshot or CUTERAGE!! to deal with his bomb explosions. Anyway, used two watermelons; only needed one (really could have got by with any healing item at all, but used watermelon at critical hp)
- Ended 931k pix, ML 31. Tielle is level 49.
- Tear told me about how we have to pay off the last of the debt. She said I might be startled by it. Yeah, I'm startled, it's like a quarter of my net worth! But who cares, I can pay it off right now.
- Sweets back to normal, precious metal boom with women. Hmm. Bought stuff in the morning and sold, made a few pix overall, nothing really huge.
- Accessories dropped, metal normal. Considering just selling; forgot to buy a rainbow bp. I'll hit it in the evening, sell first two tomorrow and adventure tomorrow afternoon.
- Sold quite a bit, then ended up going on a bit of a shopping spree. Bought more than I probably should have.
- Ended 637k pix, ML 31.
- Sell sell sell this morning! Food is down, heavy armor is up, precious things boom ended. With accessories down, gonna be a bit weird but we'll stock some good stuff today -- not that I really need pix much anymore.
- Tielle bought a fairy bracelet. All my love, Tielle.
- ADVENTURE TIME. 31 TO THE END (maybe?). Bought some more Ferromin for Tielle. Now 132 def, 119 mdef! Enemy damage should be negligible now. Also harp bow is over twice as good as ace bow, nearly 100 attack (would be, but fairy and rainbow bp reduce attack power).
- Even with 132 def/119 mdef I'm still taking damage, though much less. I think there's some DR or something, maybe it's 100%/100+def. Either way, my harp bow also is not really making a huge difference, iuno. More accurately, it's not going from 2 shot kills to 1 shot, so the difference isn't that big. Post 35 floors enemies are starting to take 3 hits to kill, too. Geez.
- Really cool music after 46f. 45f "gauntlet" boss was hard; CUTERAGE!! mandatory to invincible through his wave slash. Not too bad once I used CUTERAGE!! for invincibility frames. Used an orange +1 and a cherry +1 in total, didn't actually get hit after I used the items (but he brought me down to 27hp, one hit left). I'm continuing my run at least partially because I have a full load of heal items; my alternative would be just to bring a bunch of curries, melons, ham sandwiches or beef bowls in with me.
- Invincibility frames on Starshot Arrow are pretty minimal, couldn't seem to use them to get through the "gnoll walls" that the game is throwing at me.
- CUTERAGE!!'s invincibility never fails though. You do lose your charge when you activate it, kind of annoying.
- Trying to delay my level-up until 49f. Seriously the enemies are tough enough that I probably need the help.
- Dinged on 49f very early, got hit once for minimal damage. Full SP too (didn't use CUTERAGE!! after leveling) Got a +3 fire crystal, pretty nice.
- Gee, Griff. I got hit 3 times. You were pretty sad. Cute story event though. Obsidian Tower CLEAR!
- Ended 865k pix, ML 31. Tielle is level 58.
- Well, all my goals are done. Obsidian Tower is clear, Tielle is getting her true card and I fucking destroyed the game. I guess my last goal is 1.5m pix by payday; shouldn't be too hard.
- Heavy armor up, daggers down, slime fluid boom. Shopping first period, mostly for Ferromin and shop decor.
- Tielle bought a superarm band, lol. She's replaced her armband so many damn times. BUY A CHARM GIRL OK. Cailou asked for armor so I sold him a superarm band as well.
- Sweets down, armor normal. Griff came in. Nobody bought from my venders, kind of sucked.
- Ended 866k pix, ML 32. Don't think I'm going to make another 700k in two days, but we'll see.
- Metal up, daggers normal.
- Nagi gave me her card.
- I got an order for 3 metal things from an old man. Made 322k pix in one transaction. Arma bought Tielle's rainbow bp off the shelf for over 100k. Okay, 700k seems reachable now.
- Boom ended, armor up. YEAH. I have inventory for miles, lol.
- Cailou asked for an accessory, got a shell charm for him. Charme asked for the Fullblade on display, but she already has better. I told her to fuck off (raised the price to over 1m). Yeah, I turned down a 70k sale. I am that rich, I don't give a fuck.
- Ended 1.67m pix, ML 33.
- Final day. Tear gives me a go-getter speech.
- Herb seed boom. Sweets normal. Just sellin, baby. Just sellin.
- Ended ML 34. 2.306m pix. 1.806m after final rent payment.
So what really triggered the complete and utter domination of Recettear?
First is the concept of net worth. Customer bankroll aside -- you need to get maximum net worth gain from periods. If you sell an item, your net worth increases by roughly 40% of the base value of an item. So if you buy one period and sell 90% of the stuff you bought, your net worth increases by 36% of the money you spent. If you have a bankroll of 10k, that means you're looking at 3.6k net worth increase just buying and selling that day. If you buy more expensive stuff, you generally get better returns as your stuff moves faster, as long as your customers can afford it and it's something they will buy.
Food moves by far the best. If I can give any advice at all, it's go deep on food early while stocking half-assed in other things, at least early game. Selling candies and apples (and candy apples) ramps up customer bank and ML rapidly. Doing it in the early game is kinda nice since your net worth is so low, a store full of low tier food will still cost you a lot of your net worth to post, so profits remain good.
The biggest net worth spikes can be found in dungeons. If you wait for the first item upgrade at ML4, buy a decentish armor (iron armor worked great for me) and do a full Jade Way run, you can get 20k increase in net worth from drops plus the very odd vase at the end. Do this on day 5. I got a 45k run and it brought me from being worth 10k or so to being worth 55k. That gave me a week 2 budget on day 7, so I ended up literally a week ahead of the curve.
As your turnover rate from marketing goes up though, 20-30k for a jade way run starts to suck. The best time to do a second run is actually right after your first; sell two periods, dungeon once. Really you can get pretty good results just doing Jade Way and selling twice, though you might have to do some buy-sell on bad days.
Once the potential for buying starts to eclipse Jade Way runs, do Amber Garden. Louie is probably overleveled for it from doing Jade Way (2-3 times) and/or you have a leveled Cailou or Charme. You might have some decent gear, too. Invest a bit in gear for your chosen adventurer and run Amber Garden. A full Amber Garden run is mind-numbing, but with a level 20 or so character to start and some moderate gear, it will give you crazy good returns. I made a ~100k pix Amber Garden run on my first go, storing way too much space in healing items. Once you beat Tielle for the first time you can run with fewer heals and walk out with huge profits. Again, I increased my net worth by probably 50%, doing Amber Garden late. Also it's better to do with Cailou or Louie and not Charme tbh, though Charme is better for speedrunning the last 15 floors (where all the money is) for big profits. Again, dungeoning is good if you do it early.
Obsidian Tower ended up not being so good, but that's sort of conditional. The 45f boss is kind of tough for Louie, and the Flame Charge team (anyone except Tielle, Louie, and Cailou) deals mediocre damage to him charging through his wave slash. Also, OT is kind of hard just because you need to be ML 24, which I hit on day 21. So Amber Garden runs or buy/sell until then. ML 24 is actually where buy/sell becomes very powerful just because a single item generates like, 8k profits from reselling. It's hard to beat that even with 10-15k drops.
When you buy a "low price" item, you gain roughly 14% of that item's value in net worth just from buying it (if an unsold item's value is 70% of its list price), so you can make some money that way. Low price generally isn't that big a deal; don't let it interrupt your adventuring schedule or anything.
Low price only gives 14% though; where high price gains you much more. Buying at high price loses you 16% of an item's base price in net worth, which is actually pretty good considering you can get 134% profit if you sell at 220%. Even if you sell at base price or 105% you only cut into profits some (but still make profit). Price up prices are insanely good; a price up event should be capitalized on even if you have to buy red price items from the guild or market. Try not to though and just hit the red price any time it happens. Obviously this means that you should buy whatever you need to and sell sell sell. Ultimately my biggest income spikes were during price up events but they happen every game all the time. Hit those and you make money.
Booms are nice because you get lots of sales, but they can't really be predicted or relied on. I did make a lot of money on booms, but ultimately you are just moving more stock, so you get that 40%ish profit on each sale. Yes, occasionally you get a holy items boon when precious metals are price upped. If that happens you basically win the game right there.
Ultimately you snowball to the endgame profit levels where you're making like 300-400k per day buy/selling. OT runs (31-50) can still compete with that, since 150k in drops is better than 80-100k profit (you bought the stuff, remember) in sales. Just keep 15 item slots reserved for treasure, lol.
So yeah, adventuring is good profit. I guesstimate that the best Survival scores run like 4-5 dungeons a week. I'm not sure how to meet rent though if it goes over 1m as basically nothing makes that much.